ForestrySA is strongly committed to the economic, environmental and social aspects of sustainable forest practice.
Policy for Sustainable Forest Management
To optimise efficiency and reduce risk, ForestrySA has an integrated Forest
Management System which includes the environment and sustainable forest practice requirements of the Australian Forestry Standard (AFS) AS 4708 and the international standard for Environment ISO 14001.
The Forest Management System (FMS):
- Covers all processes involved in the management and protection of native forests, the provision of services to private forestry, and the establishment, maintenance and harvesting of the plantation estate;
- Applies to the total area of land under ForestrySA management control;
- Ensures continual improvement in efficiency, consistency and effectiveness;
- Provides a structure that integrates the various aspects of the business including quality, environment and safety management systems and facilitates better communication; and
- Supports the Triple Bottom Line approach of integrating social, environmental and financial perspectives.
For a copy of the most recent AFS Public Summary Report contact ForestrySA.